Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May 6 – Lead by Example…Jesus Did

So when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you. Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them.” John 13:12-17

Blessed to be a blessing. Go and do likewise. Seems pretty simple--but how often do our own simple desires and agendas take presentable? Could that be considered as selfishness? Take a look at your motives and consider what Jesus would do if He were in your shoes. What would you do if it was Jesus Himself that you were serving?

I am leaving the beautiful people and country of Portugal today--so glad to be going home, but sad to have missed seeing so much here. The history, culture, picturesque countryside and the wonderful people are beaconing me to return. The sun is shining and a gentle breeze whispers--Portugal, Portugal. Arise and shine.

RSVP: Jesus is challenging you to do the right things. How will you respond to Him today?

Prayer~ Jesus--You are my Lord and teacher. My example for living a life of holiness. Guide my thoughts, words, and actions that I would do the right things today--and be a blessing to others.
© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: