Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Loving Promises

In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him. John 14:20-21  

Here is Jesus telling us again that by keeping His Commandments we are showing that we love Him. Then in turn He will reveal (disclose) more of Himself to us. To love Him is to be loved by Him…and to understand more about Him. An upwards spiral—do you see that drawing you to heaven—to bow before His throne? I do. That is a picture that is amazing to me…like doors opening as I love Him more…and stairs leading up and up. Sort of reminds me of the story of Jacob sleeping in the desert on his way to Haran to look for a wife from his mother’s family. He had a dream, and behold, a ladder was set on the earth with its top reaching to heaven; and behold, the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. Genesis 28:12. It was in this dream that God promised The Land to Jacob, just as He had promised it to Abraham and Isaac. What is Jesus promising us? More love and knowledge. Be obedient and keep His commandments. His love will be the reward.  

RSVP: Jesus is offering His love. He already sacrificed His life…what more can He give? How will you respond to Him today? 

Prayer~ … LORD my God I want to obey you, to keep Your commandments and Your statutes which are written in this book of the law, and I turn to you, LORD God with all my heart and soul. For this commandment which You command me today is not too difficult for me, nor is it out of reach. It is not in heaven, that I should say, 'Who will go up to heaven for me to get it for me and make me hear it, that I will observe it?' Nor is it beyond the sea, that I should say, 'Who will cross the sea for me to get it for me and make me hear it, so that I may observe it?' But the word is very near me, in my mouth and in my heart, that I may observe it. See, You have set before me today life and prosperity, and death and adversity; in that You command me today to love You, LORD my God, to walk in Your ways and to keep Your commandments and Your statutes and Your judgments, that I may live and multiply, and that You, LORD my God, may bless me in the land I am entering to possess it. (From Deuteronomy 30:10-16).

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: