Saturday, April 12, 2014

True Testimony

So the Pharisees said to Him, "You are testifying about Yourself; Your testimony is not true." Jesus answered and said to them, "Even if I testify about Myself, My testimony is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from or where I am going. You judge according to the flesh; I am not judging anyone. But even if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone in it, but I and the Father who sent Me. Even in your law it has been written that the testimony of two men is true. I am He who testifies about Myself, and the Father who sent Me testifies about Me. So they were saying to Him, "Where is Your Father?" Jesus answered, "You know neither Me nor My Father; if you knew Me, you would know My Father also." John 8:13-19 

The testimony of two men is true…if they say the same thing. Jesus is speaking the truth…He is the truth. That truth has been given to Him for us by our Heavenly Father. We have a couple of examples of Jesus and truth in other scripture passages:
·   Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. John 14:6.
·   "And He who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to Him." As He spoke these things, many came to believe in Him. So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." John 8:29-32.
The Pharisees just had a problem with Jesus…they didn’t believe Him…or believe in Him. He kept having to say… But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me. John 8:4. Do you believe that Jesus was speaking the truth…that He is the truth? 

RSVP: Jesus is challenging us today to believe Him…to believe in Him…and to share this revelation with others. What will you do today? How will you respond to Jesus challenge? 

Prayer~ Jesus, I believe that You are the way, the truth and the life...providing eternal life to all who believe in You as the Son of God. You are awesome and worthy of our praise.

 © 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: