Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Can You Hear Me?

Why can't you understand what I am saying? It's because you can't even hear me! John 8:43 NLT

Have you had your hearing checked lately? According to the National Institute on Deafness 36 million American adults have some degree of hearing loss. Mark 7:32-37 records one instance of Jesus healing a deaf man. They were utterly astonished, saying, "He has done all things well; He makes even the deaf to hear and the mute to speak." Mark 7:37. This passage above in John 8 is not dealing with hearing loss in anyone’s ears. It is concerning hearts that couldn’t hear and understand. Hearts and minds that were closed to Jesus’ message of who He was…who He is. The Pharisees continued to close their “ears” to accepting what Jesus was teaching.  Are your ears closed to hearing and understanding Jesus’ teachings?

RSVP: Jesus is inviting us today to gather around His table where He is teaching today. Will you meet Him at His table and feast on His words of teaching?

Prayer~ Jesus, I listen to what You say, and treasure Your commandments. I keep my ears tuned to Your wisdom as I cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. I search for them like hidden treasures. Then I will understand what it means to fear the LORD, and I will gain knowledge of You, my God. For You LORD grant wisdom! From Your mouth comes knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:1-6 NLT

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: