Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2 - Come to Living Waters

Isaiah 55  

Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost. “Why do you spend money for what is not bread?...Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and delight yourself in abundance. Incline your ear and come to Me. Listen….and I will make an everlasting covenant with you…. (NASB)

I stopped to get gas in my car and I was thirsty so I went inside the gas station to get a bottle of water. You’ve probably done the same thing a dozen times. I opened my wallet to find NO money---how embarrassing, and I didn’t even have my debit card. Do I charge just a bottle of water to my credit card? It was only a dollar. Well---I was thirsty, very thirsty---so I charged it. Then I thought of people in places of the world that don’t have the convenience of bottled water. They may have to carry water for miles, and that may not even be fit to drink. I am so blessed, but I don’t think that Isaiah or Jesus was talking about buying food or water without money by charging it to a plastic card!


If you want to reach out to people in the 10/40 window of the world and contribute to drilling for water where they are in desperate need of drinking water, contact Micah Smith at Global Gateway Network. Check out the work of this organization for yourself.
http://app.razorplanet.com/acct/40584-1041/tmpl/index.php?nid=18618&s=rs&preview=true.

Isaiah goes on to write, “Seek the Lord while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near….For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways…So shall My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. For you will go out with joy, and be led forth with peace… and all the trees of the field will clap their hands….”

Living water that gives eternal life. Jesus is the living water---the gift of eternal life, just as He said in John 7:37-38, quoting Isaiah 55. An everlasting covenant---a new covenant. Eternal life cannot be purchased with money or a credit card. It is a gift, just like the food and water that the prophet Isaiah is writing about here. Water is even more important than food for life. We can go for about four weeks  without food, but only about eight days without water. Are you thirsty or hungry---no money? No problem---Jesus provides. There will be plenty of fresh cool clean water at His banquet table.

Lord, may our thoughts, words and actions bring You glory and honor---just as you desire. Thank you for living water.

© 2012 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

No comments: