Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1 – Food is God’s Will

John 4:34

Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to accomplish His work.” (NASB)

One of the biggest struggles in my life has been “what is God’s will for my life?” I’ve search scripture passages for hours trying to discern God’s will. Was it to go to college, and then which college; to get married, or not get married; to have children, or not have children; to forgive this person or that action; to get a particular job; or to go to a special place; or which church to attend? What should I do with my life? Have you struggled with God’s will for your life?

There in Samaria Jesus continues teaching His disciples that He is there to do the will and the work for His Heavenly Father. Notice that Jesus want to “accomplish” God’s work. When He was on the cross, He said, “It is finished.” He meant that the work He came to do on earth was “finished,” but there is still work going on in heaven. Is our work on earth ever done? Jesus didn’t ask us to die on a cross like He did. He did ask us to “carry our own cross and come after Him” or we cannot be His disciples (see Luke 14:27).

That is the best answer for “what is God’s will for my life?” Be Jesus’ disciple. Follow His ways of love, compassion, service, humility, and devotion to God and mankind. It is so simple—why didn’t I see it before? Sometimes the simple things are hidden in all the chaos of today.

Lord, I pick up my cross again today---to follow and serve You.

© 2012 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

No comments: