Saturday, July 8, 2023

Have You Been on Your Knees Lately?

Prayer – Lord, I am on my knees in my heart…and literally…before You right now. Glory to God.

 

You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal's death on a cross. Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:5-11 (Underlined for emphasis.)

 

Meditate. Attitude is important.  Quintessential.  

 

Do you believe Jesus is all the things He claimed in His declaration of Himself to the Seven Churches in Revelation two and three? See yesterday’s Banquet With The King blog for more details. The scriptures below remind us that we will give a personal account of what we’ve done with our lives and give a tribute to the King of kings, Lord of lords, our Savior, the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

 

Every knee—not just those who are Christians—will bow. Everyone around the world will see and recognize Jesus as Lord.

For the LORD is God, and he created the heavens and earth and put everything in place. He made the world to be lived in, not to be a place of empty chaos. "I am the LORD," he says, "and there is no other. I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the LORD, speak only what is true and declare only what is right. Gather together and come, you fugitives from surrounding nations. What fools they are who carry around their wooden idols and pray to gods that cannot save! Consult together, argue your case. Get together and decide what to say. Who made these things known so long ago? What idol ever told you they would happen? Was it not I, the LORD? For there is no other God but me, a righteous God and Savior. There is none but me. Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other. I have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word: Every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess allegiance to me." The people will declare, "The LORD is the source of all my righteousness and strength." And all who were angry with him will come to him and be ashamed. Isaiah 45:18-24 (Underlined for emphasis.)

Every knee will bend. Are you doing some exercises to strengthen your knees? It’s time to start.

For the Scriptures say, "'As surely as I live,' says the LORD, 'every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God.'" Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God. Romans 14:11-12

 

Verse of Salvation ~ Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. Philippians 2:12-13

 

Knowing the Lord is what life is all about.

Knowing Him is Life.

© 2023 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: