Wednesday, June 20, 2018

First Things First


For the Good News must first be preached to all nations. Mark 13:10

And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come. Matthew 24:14

Good News…the Gospel…The Truth that Jesus is the Savior of the World.
May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace. Jesus gave his life for our sins, just as God our Father planned, in order to rescue us from this evil world in which we live. All glory to God forever and ever! Amen. Galatians 1:3-5

Dear brothers and sisters, I want you to understand that the gospel message I preach is not based on mere human reasoning. I received my message from no human source, and no one taught me. Instead, I received it by direct revelation from Jesus Christ. ... But even before I was born, God chose me and called me by his marvelous grace. Then it pleased him to reveal his Son to me so that I would proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the Gentiles. When this happened, I did not rush out to consult with any human being. Galatians 1:11-12, 15-16
Jesus is the Good News.
When His disciples asked Him… "Tell us, when will all this happen? What sign will show us that these things are about to be fulfilled?"  Mark 13:4, Jesus seemed to respond telling them about the events of 70 AD when the Temple was destroyed and also of the tribulation days that come before His Second Coming. The Good News must first be preached to all nations…and then the end will come. First things first. Tell everyone and when all the people groups know…then God will send Jesus back for His church. What a plan!

The Old Testament book of Isaiah was written as a book of prophesy to the nation of Israel before the Babylonian captivity. In that book Isaiah records that all the nations will hear about the Messiah.
I can see what they are doing, and I know what they are thinking. So I will gather all nations and peoples together, and they will see my glory. I will perform a sign among them. And I will send those who survive to be messengers to the nations--to Tarshish, to the Libyans and Lydians (who are famous as archers), to Tubal and Greece, and to all the lands beyond the sea that have not heard of my fame or seen my glory. There they will declare my glory to the nations. Isaiah 66:18-19
So…are you listening?
Listen to this, all you people! Pay attention, everyone in the world! High and low, rich and poor—listen! For my words are wise, and my thoughts are filled with insight. I listen carefully to many proverbs and solve riddles with inspiration from a harp. Why should I fear when trouble comes, when enemies surround me? They trust in their wealth and boast of great riches. Yet they cannot redeem themselves from death by paying a ransom to God. Redemption does not come so easily, for no one can ever pay enough to live forever and never see the grave. Those who are wise must finally die, just like the foolish and senseless, leaving all their wealth behind. Psalm 49:1-10
Is this the right path to take?
Hiking in the desert near Parker, Arizona.
Just as Jesus said earlier…don’t be afraid. He wants us to trust Him.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust Him to let you help spread the Good News to all nations. Put first things first. Jesus is the first thing…the most important part of our lives. How will you put Him first and share the Good News?

Prayer ~ God, Thank You for giving Your one and only Son and for the opportunity for everyone in the world—through all time—to believe in Him. I humbly look forward to seeing You in Heaven someday…and for now, help me to tell others Your good news. Open the eyes and ears of more people today that both Jews and Gentiles would understand that Jesus is the Messiah of all.

Daily Bible Reading: Ecclesiastes 7-12
© 2018 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: