Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Do You Really Believe Anything is Possible?


Jesus left that part of the country (Galilee – Capernaum area) and returned with his disciples to Nazareth, his hometown. The next Sabbath he began teaching in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. They asked, "Where did he get all this wisdom and the power to perform such miracles?" Then they scoffed, "He's just a carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon. And his sisters live right here among us." They were deeply offended and refused to believe in him. Then Jesus told them, "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family." And because of their unbelief, he couldn't do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their unbelief. Then Jesus went from village to village, teaching the people. Mark 6:1-6

Jesus was amazed at their unbelief. Do you really believe anything is possible? That is what Jesus expects of us. Anything! Anything is possible. The sky is the limit. Dream big! Imagine what God has in mind. He can give you the power to do all that Jesus did. What would you like to do for others? Heal them…provide food, clothing, shelter. Encourage them.

Help my unbelief.
Give me a path to follow....my heart's desire.
Heal me. I’ve a rash on my legs that just hasn’t cleared up…and has been itching for ten days. Heal me. Jesus has the power, but like those people in Nazareth, do I have doubts? No…I know that Jesus is kind, good, loving and merciful. There may be some reason for this rash that is beyond my desired comfort level. But hasn’t the Lord promised to give us our heart’s desire?
Trust in the LORD and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart's desires. Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you. Psalm 37:3-5
What a great promise…He will help you. And His help allows us to help others…to encourage them. To me that is what life is all about. Knowing God…encouraging others.

Prayer ~ Lord, I know You said... "Anything is possible if a person believes." Like that father to whom You were speaking, I say…"I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!" Mark 9:23-24

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Samuel 8-9, 1 Chronicles 18  

© 2018 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: