Monday, February 5, 2018

Give Privately

Jesus' words from The Sermon on the Mount...
Watch out! Don't do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven. When you give to someone in need, don't do as the hypocrites do--blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I tell you the truth, they have received all the reward they will ever get. But when you give to someone in need, don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. Give your gifts in private, and your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.  Matthew 6:1-4


God doesn't need glasses. The Father sees everything--so give in secret so that only you know and He knows. He will remember...if you give privately. People in the Old Testament reportedly gave freely and generously--but possibly not privately. They were encouraged to seek God because He will remember their actions ...forever.
     - They share freely and give generously to those in need. Their good deeds will be remembered forever. They will have influence and honor. Psalm 112:9
     - Share your food with the hungry, and give shelter to the homeless. Give clothes to those who need them, and do not hide from relatives who need your help. Isaiah 58:7
Watch your motives...
     - I know, my God, that you examine our hearts and rejoice when you find integrity there. You know I have done all this with good motives, and I have watched your people offer their gifts willingly and joyously. 1 Chronicles 29:17
     - People may be pure in their own eyes, but the LORD examines their motives. Proverbs 16:2
     - Put me on trial, LORD, and cross-examine me. Test my motives and my heart. Psalm 26:2
The Lord judges...and rewards
     - "In due season God will judge everyone, both good and bad, for all their deeds." Ecclesiastes 3:17
     - But I, the LORD, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve. Jeremiah 17:10

Obedience is what the Lord wants...and will reward.
     - Praise the LORD! How joyful are those who fear the LORD and delight in obeying his commands. Their children will be successful everywhere; an entire generation of godly people will be blessed. They themselves will be wealthy, and their good deeds will last forever. Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous. Psalm 112:1-4



Prayer ~ Lord Jesus...I trust You with my life and I ask You to help me be intentionally obedient to You in all ways...even my very thoughts,words, and actions. May my life bring You glory as I seek first Your Kingdom.

Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 19-21

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍
© 2018 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 
GqqqAll scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfmwww..org/daily reading.        

No comments: