Monday, July 10, 2017

Hope in Promises

Remember your promise to me; it is my only hope. Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles. The proud hold me in utter contempt, but I do not turn away from your instructions. I meditate on your age-old regulations; O LORD, they comfort me. Psalm 119:49-52 
Columbia River at Richland, Washington
Promise of streams in the desert.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart…He keeps His promises.
So God has given both His promise and His oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to Him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. Hebrews 6:18
Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise. Hebrews 10:23
Do you keep your promises to others, to yourself, and most importantly, to God?
And may the LORD make us keep our promises to each other, for He has witnessed them. 1 Samuel 20:23
When you make a promise to God, don't delay in following through, for God takes no pleasure in fools. Keep all the promises you make to Him. Ecclesiastes 5:4  

Prayer ~ Lord God, I trust You to keep Your promises…and I vow to keep my promises to You. Just as You promised that You will never leave me or forsake me…I promise to never leave You or forsake You.   

Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 5-8

© 2017 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: