Thursday, July 6, 2017

Does God See You as a Treasured Possession?

"The LORD has today declared you to be His people, a treasured possession, as He promised you, and that you should keep all His commandments; and that He will set you high above all nations which He has made, for praise, fame, and honor; and that you shall be a consecrated people to the LORD your God, as He has spoken." Deuteronomy 26:18-19 NASB 

Jordan River - Israel
Moses was speaking to the Israelites before he died…before they crossed the Jordan River into the Promised Land. God had once again told Moses to remind the Israelites that they were His chosen people…a treasure possession… and that they should keep His commandments. Jesus told His disciples and us that we should keep His commandments.

If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.  John 14:15 NASB

We honor the Father and Jesus when we keep the commandments…but without His love and grace, that is impossible to do. Yet….I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13. Do we need a reminder that…nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37? God gives us strength to be obedient…His grace is sufficient for us all…we just need to look to Him and ask for His help. I know that when I try to do things on my own, it never turns out as well as if I ask God for His help. He is my source of inspiration, wisdom and creativity.  

Does God see you as His treasured possession? Do you rely on Him to guide you through all things in your life? 

Prayer ~ Lord…I trust that You do see me as a Christian—devoted to You. Only through You can I do all things because You give me strength…as well as wisdom and creative ideas. You spark my heart to know when to speak…and when to be quiet. Thanks. I continually need more help everyday with that “when to be quiet” part of my life.  

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 14; 2 Chronicles 25

© 2017 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: