Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Lord’s Patience and Salvation

And remember, our Lord's patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him—speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction. 2 Peter 3:15-16





STOP.

Caution: Do Not Twist Others’ Words. Some people may need a sign that directs them not to distort Jesus or Paul’s writings. Think before you interpret what the Bible says. The key is to PRAY. Seek God’s wisdom before you tell someone what you think God means. Read the passage above again.

And remember, our Lord's patience gives people time to be saved.

Time to be saved. God is so good. He is patient with people. He doesn’t force Himself or His plan for salvation on us. He’s given us free choice. On the other hand…He has chosen us. Jesus said...You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. John 15:16.


I’ve always loved that since I first heard it…He chose me. Everyone wants to be chosen…to be loved, unconditionally. Just think how you felt when you were in grade school and they were choosing teams. Were you among the first the first to be chosen? I never was, but Jesus has chosen me…us…to be on His team. That makes me a fan of His. I’m one of those the Lord had patience with—He waited on me...let me take my time to accept Him as my Savior. No pressure. If you haven’t made a decision for Him…He’s patiently waiting on you, too. What are you waiting for? No STOP sign ahead.



Prayer ~ Jesus, thanks for having patience with me…and with others as they consider their choice for You as their Savior. Salvation is the most important decision anyone can make in their lives, so I thank you that You don’t push them. You are good. You are my God.



© 2016 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

No comments: