Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Obedience is Again the Key

For the report of your obedience has reached to all; therefore I am rejoicing over you, but I want you to be wise in what is good and innocent in what is evil And the God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.  Romans 16:19-20

I have been impressed over and over in the last few months the relationship between obedience and wisdom. Fear of the LORD is the foundation of true wisdom. All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom. Praise him forever! Psalm 111:10

Obedience is the key. Jesus was obedient to the Father to the point of death on the cross. Can we be that obedient? I recently heard on a radio program concerning the importance of children’s obedience to their parents. There were three rules to obedience:
1.      Do what you are told.
2.      Do it immediately.
3.      Do it with a good attitude.
Those are pretty important rules. It looks to me that these are the same things that God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit have been teaching and instructing all along. Even the Hebrew people as they wandered in the desert with Moses were told—follow the Ten Commandments that were given to them. The Israelites were continually told that if they obeyed the commands, they would be blessed and rewarded. If you follow my decrees and are careful to obey my commands, I will send you the seasonal rains. The land will then yield its crops, and the trees of the field will produce their fruit. Leviticus 26:3-4. Jesus spoke to Judas at the Last Supper…go now—do it quickly (John 13:27).
In Romans we are encouraged, by the Holy Spirit, to have a good attitude. For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. If you serve Christ with this attitude, you will please God, and others will approve of you, too. Romans 14:17-18.


Those three rules to obedience are good ones to teach to children at an early age…so that by the time they are teenagers, they will have obedience ingrained in their character. My children, listen when your father corrects you. Pay attention and learn good judgment, for I am giving you good guidance. Don't turn away from my instructions. ... My father taught me, "Take my words to heart. Follow my commands, and you will live.” Proverbs 4:1-2, 4. Good advice to pay attention and follow commands or instructions.


Prayer ~ Dear God…You made me; You created me. Now give me the sense to follow Your commands. Psalm 119:73.  You have shown me again that the key is to OBEY. Jesus was obedient…and that is how I should life, too. A life of obedience. I praise You for revealing that to me, again.

© 2016 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: