Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Life is Short – Grow in Wisdom

Who can comprehend the power of your (God’s) anger? Your wrath is as awesome as the fear you deserve. Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom. O LORD, come back to us! How long will you delay? Take pity on your servants! Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives. Psalm 90:11-14

Life is short. Where have the past ten years gone…or the past twenty years, for that matter!?! I feel the need to live each day intentionally, boldly and joyfully. Life is too short not to enjoy every minute we can—and to use every opportunity available for the Lord. This particular Psalm (90) was written by Moses. He was expressing that life is short—and along with its shortness, he acknowledged the Lord’s anger. That anger creates fear…or respect…that God deserves. Do you give Him that respect? When you ask Him today to give you the wisdom that you need for this day…ask Him to show you ways that you can show your love, respect and honor for Him. That thought just occurred to me as I wrote this…and I intend to do that in my prayer time today. May God bless you as you seek Him…to know Him more deeply. May He “return” to you…just as Moses requested.
I will never leave you or forsake you.
Hebrews 13:5
Actually, God has never left us…just as He promises in Hebrews 13:5…but we may have turned away from Him. Return to the Lord and be filled and satisfied each morning with His amazing love. I sing for joy…and will all of my days here on earth.    

Prayer ~ Lord God, please reveal more of Yourself to me…and give me wisdom to understand You and Your will more deeply. I sing forever with joy for the joy of knowing You. You are an awesome God. You are my God…my Creator, my Redeemer, my Provider, my Joy and my Salvation.

© 2016 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: