Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Rejoice! Again, I Say Rejoice!

Meditate. Slow down and focus on the Joy of God.

Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!  Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

Rejoice! Again, I say rejoice! Try it…you might like it! 

Everyone makes choices continually throughout the day. When a person chooses joy they are choosing that over unhappiness, cranky attitudes, or depression. Yet joy can happen amid crises, trials or traumatic situations. Joy doesn’t depend on happiness.  Even Jesus experienced joy.


Jesus was filled with the Joy of the Holy Spirit.




At that same time Jesus was filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit, and he said, "O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding these things from those who think themselves wise and clever, and for revealing them to the childlike. Yes, Father, it pleased you to do it this way."  Luke 10:21

Note that Jesus was praising and thanking His Father, our Heavenly Father, as He prayed. We should be thankful for all God has done for us.

The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Psalm 28:7

Yes, the Lord is my strength. When I reflect on that fact…my anxieties fade away…and I am filled with joy. It is great to know that He will help me when I ask. It is overwhelming just to know that I am loved by the Lord—the creator, my redeemer, my King of Kings. 

Prayer ~ Lord God, I praise You! Forgive me today for my bad attitude towards others—I wasn’t a very good example of Your love, patience and forgiveness. Please continue to fill me with Your joy. Thank you – Thank you – Thank you.

Verses of Salvation ~ Please listen, O Shepherd of Israel, you who lead Joseph's descendants like a flock. O God, enthroned above the cherubim, display your radiant glory to Ephraim, Benjamin, and Manasseh. Show us your mighty power. Come to rescue us! Turn us again to yourself, O God. Make your face shine down upon us. Only then will we be saved. O LORD God of Heaven's Armies, how long will you be angry with our prayers? You have fed us with sorrow and made us drink tears by the bucketful. You have made us the scorn of neighboring nations. Our enemies treat us as a joke. Turn us again to yourself, O God of Heaven's Armies. Make your face shine down upon us. Only then will we be saved. Psalm 80:1-7 

© 2020 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com   

No comments: