Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Peace in Your Heart

Meditate.

"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid. John 14:27

Peace from God is the greatest gift of all—well, after love. We all need love. That is basic. But peace is essential, too. Peace gives us a sense of tranquility, freedom from stress or disquieting emotions, or a state of security or order (see Merriman-Webster Dictionary on line). We all need to escape stress at some point—too much stress is not healthy. It can drain our bodies of energy. The peace that God gives is spiritual—and extends into our emotional and physical bodies as well. One of my favorite passages includes peace…as spoken by Jesus.

But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative--that is, the Holy Spirit--he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you. "I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid. Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am. I have told you these things before they happen so that when they do happen, you will believe. John 14:26-29 (Underlined for emphasis.)

Don’t be troubled or afraid. Give your troubles to Jesus.

Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Give your troubles to Jesus…and know that He gives the gift of peace.

Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. John 14:1-3

That message of hope for a future with Jesus…a place in His father’s house in Heaven gives Peace. Are you going to be living in Jesus’ Father’s house someday? See you there, my friend. 

Prayer ~ Dear Jesus, You have told me all this so that I may have peace in You. Here on earth I will have many trials and sorrows. But I will take heart, because You have overcome the world, From John 16:33. Thank You, Jesus. 

Verse of Salvation ~ How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns! Isaiah 52:7

© 2020 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com




No comments: