Thursday, December 10, 2020

Peace and Security

 Meditate.

I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."  John 16:33 

Peace. Peace. Wonderful, sweet peace. Jesus promises this peace to His disciples…and to us…His peace, That tranquility and inner calmness that only He can give. The world…books, TV shows, movies, food or drinks or well-meaning friends, family or neighbors…can’t give us peace. Long-lasting, eternal peace can only come from God. We are guaranteed to have some rough roads, trials, tribulations and thus sorrows in this life…but Jesus can give us joy and peace—even in the midst of the storm. I know…I’ve been there. Sure, I haven’t been homeless, rejected by loved ones, or had cancer myself, but I’ve had family who has and I walked with them through their trials. Well—I have experienced rejection, job loss and close family members who have died tragically, but God was with me even through the hardest moments. Many time I have certainly claimed that verse “I will never leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 and Hebrews 13:5. Just reciting that verse again gives me peace. It provides a feeling of security and love. Jesus had not yet been crucified or resurrected when He spoke these words…take heart, because I have overcome the world…but He knew what He was facing and that He had already indeed overcome the world even before He was born in that stable in Bethlehem. He conquered sin and death. Now that should give us all security. Eternal security. Does security bring you peace? Peace in your heart? 

Jesus crucifixion,
Holy Family Shrine
Gretna, Nebraska
 
Prayer ~ Lord God, Thank You that You live up to Your promises. I know that although Jesus felt abandoned on the cross, even then, Father God, You did not forget Him. You will never abandon me…even in my weakest moments. Thank You.

Verse of Salvation ~ How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns! Isaiah 52:7 

© 2020 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of 

Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com  

How you shaping your child's character? 

No comments: