Thursday, December 31, 2020

Happy New Year

Meditate.  Consider goals for the coming year. What can you do to fulfill Jesus’ Great Commission?

Jesus...The Light of the World
He is with you always...
...even to the end of the age.

Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20

What can you do to reach others for Christ? Is there a relative, friend or neighbor who hasn’t yet trusted the Lord as his or her Savior? How can you help that person to become a disciple of Jesus Christ? Prayer would be of the first concern. Commit that person and your own words and actions to the Lord. Trust the Lord to open the door to opportunities to witness to that person. Your life will be an example to others whether you realize it or not. Do you follow Jesus teachings…His commands? If not, how can you expect others to do so? Make it a goal to live like Jesus lived…spending time with the Father and allowing Him to give your life direction. Then when you have a chance…help that person understand Jesus commands so that they can obey them. One of those commands is to be baptized. They will know when they are ready…help them find a time and place. The River in the summer or a church baptismal any time of the year. The best part of this scripture today is Jesus’ promise… I am with you always, even to the end of the age. What a great promise we can hang onto in the good times…and the not so good times. Jesus has promised that He will never abandon us…He is with us always. God is with us.

Who is God to you? That is going to be the focus of this blog in 2021. How can you love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength as Jesus commanded if you don’t really know God? Seek Him daily in the scriptures with me in the coming year. I want to know God more fully.

Prayer ~ Lord God, Thank you that You are with us always…even to the end of the age. We look forward to Your return…and in the meantime, bless us with wisdom and understanding that we would know You more dearly. It has been a challenging year and the year ahead will possibly be more of the same. Thanks for Your promises including that You are with us always.

Verses of Salvation ~ Jesus shouted to the crowds, "If you trust me, you are trusting not only me, but also God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the dark. I will not judge those who hear me but don't obey me, for I have come to save the world and not to judge it. But all who reject me and my message will be judged on the day of judgment by the truth I have spoken. I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me has commanded me what to say and how to say it. And I know his commands lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say." John 12:44-50 

Blessings on you as you read, study and apply God’s Word to your life. 

© 2020 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com 



No comments: