Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Meditate on Love

Think about this.
God is love. 1 John 4:8

Who is God to you?  Creator, divine sustainer, omnipotent, omnipresent, one who put the universe in motion and holds it together. God is love. What difference does that make in your life? It gives me hope, and an assurance that there is more to life than this day to day existence--although life here is good. Better than I deserve. 

There are givers and takers in life. I've tried most of my life to please others--that would make me a giver...but then I realized that when the opportunity existed I am a Taker. I enjoyed being taken care of--even pampered. Still, I mostly put others first. I don't get a massage often--like once every couple of years--and I can't remember the last time I had a pedicure. I am still capable of trimming and polishing my own toenails. I spend my time blogging and writing..which I consider to be for others. One day God will hold us accountable for what we've done. Make each day count for Him. 

How have you brightened someone's day today?
What can you do to share God's love with others today?
     Smile and give a nod of your head. Acknowledgment of others may go a long way. No one wants to be ignored. Can you see that your friendly gesture begins a rippling effect to encourage one, then another and another? Try it and see. 
     Share from the bounty from which the Lord has blessed you.
     Give...as your cup is overflowing. Psalm 23. Give expecting nothing in return.

     Encourage others by helping in unexpected ways.

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus, shine into and through my heart today. Show me who needs my acceptance and Your love--and may I graciously show that today. 

Daily Bible Reading: Philippians

Only 8 Days Until Christmas


© 2019 Text and drawing by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: