Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Is a Cookie What I Need?


Memory Verse of the Week ~
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. Matthew 6:33

Ask. Seek. Knock.
Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.
 Matthew 7:7-8
How about a Cookie House?
Can I have that?
How many times do your kids or grandkiddos repeat their requests? Can I have a cookie? Can we paint? What time is it? Are we there yet? What’s for lunch…or supper? Over and over.

How often do you repeat your questions or requests to yourself, your spouse or even to your work associates? Can I have another cookie? Yes, I’d personally like another cookie…but not the fat that it puts on my waist. So I’ll pass on that cookie today.

Do you repeat your requests…your prayers to God? Salvation or healing for this friend or that relative? Do you ever ask God to reveal more of Himself to you? To help you understand Him better? To know about His Kingdom? God Himself tells us to keep on seeking, knocking at His door, and asking for what we want to know or what we need. He has promised that he will give you everything you need. To me that is a great promise. I’m counting on His promises day by day…to change my attitude as well as to help me have patience and good answers for my grandkiddos requests. How about that cookie now?

Prayer ~ Lord God…Thank You for hearing our prayers and for giving us everything we need as we seek and serve You. You are our Lord and risen Savior.

Daily Bible Reading: Judges 10-12
© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: