Thursday, April 25, 2019

I AM With You Always, Even to the End of the Age


Memory Verse this week…
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corinthians 5:17 NASB

Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20

A Promise is a Promise.
God has told us over and over that He is with us and will never leave us…or forsake us.
For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon you or destroy you or forget the solemn covenant he made with your ancestors. Deuteronomy 4:31 NLT

Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:8

No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you. Joshua 1:5

Then David continued, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don't be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the LORD is finished correctly. 1 Chronicles 28:20

The LORD will not reject his people; he will not abandon his special possession. Psalm 94:14

When the poor and needy search for water and there is none, and their tongues are parched from thirst, then I, the LORD, will answer them. I, the God of Israel, will never abandon them. Isaiah 41:17

Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, "I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU." Hebrews 13:5 NASB

The God of Israel is the God of the Christians. He is my God—my Lord, my Messiah, my Redeemer and Savior. Here again at the end of the book of Matthew, after His resurrection Jesus is repeating that promise. I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

Likewise, we need to not forsake the Lord. David shared this with his son Solomon.
And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 1 Chronicles 28:9
I don’t ever want to be rejected, forsaken, or abandoned by God. Do you? Claim Jesus as your God, your Savior, your Redeemer and your Messiah…and He will be with you always, even to the end of the age. Forever.

Prayer ~ Thank You for Your promise that You will never leave us or forsake us.

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Chronicles 3-5
© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: