Sunday, April 14, 2019

Grateful for the Procrastinator

God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! Interlude A river brings joy to the city of our God, the sacred home of the Most High. God dwells in that city; it cannot be destroyed. From the very break of day, God will protect it. The nations are in chaos, and their kingdoms crumble! God's voice thunders, and the earth melts! The LORD of Heaven's Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress. Interlude Come, see the glorious works of the LORD: See how he brings destruction upon the world. He causes wars to end throughout the earth. He breaks the bow and snaps the spear; he burns the shields with fire. "Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world." The LORD of Heaven's Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress.
Psalms 46:1-11

No fear. God is the one we can turn to with any problem--and He will give us what we need. Just like Jesus, the greatest Shepherd of all time--provides all we need.
 
Heavenly Sky
Calling us to be Grateful
Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalm 23:1-6

Even if we procrastinate--like our good friend Mel--the great procrastinator--still God will provide everything we need. Mel was known by family and friends to be a major procrastinator.  But when it came to knowing Jesus as his Savior he didn't put off that choice. And Mel lived an exemplary life--always encouraging others--never complaining--always loving and caring about others before himself. What a great example. No wonder everyone--especially his devoted wife and son were so grateful to have known him and been deeply loved by him. This great procrastinator has gone on to his heavenly home--but we are grateful to have known him.

Be quiet and learn from others. "If you do all the talking you can't learn from others." What a lesson Mel taught his employees. He intently and intentionally listened to them. Actually if you think about it--that was how he was with most everyone. He listened--and asked others how they were--and their family--and he paid attention to what each person said. So often people don't really LISTEN to others. When was the last time you really asked someone how they are--or about their family--and then listened to their response? God is always listening to you. Can you do that for others?

Prayer - Dear Jesus, thank you for providing all we need--not only food, clothes, and homes--but wonderful families and friends who love us like you do and listen to us. Even if we procrastinate.

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 21-24

© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: