Sunday, June 25, 2017

Who Do You Trust?

Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise. Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near. Hebrews 10:23-25



Trust this bridge? It won't let you fall in the water.
Trust God. Cross His bridge to eternal reward.
Bridges on the Columbia River at Kennewick and Pasco.
Who do you trust…really trust with your hopes, dreams, secrets, joys and sorrows?  God can be trusted. There were many times that the Israelites throughout history didn’t put their trust or their hope in God…and we still see that today in them and in us. But we can trust God…He wants us to trust Him. David wrote about trusting in God.

The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Psalm 28:7

I recently read the book of Ecclesiastes and Solomon, even with all his wisdom and riches, was so mournfully, depressingly hopeless about life. Isaiah repeats that when he writes about having no purpose…but Isaiah still has hope and trust in God. He is looking for a reward.

Listen to me, all you in distant lands! Pay attention, you who are far away! The LORD called me before my birth; from within the womb he called me by name. He made my words of judgment as sharp as a sword. He has hidden me in the shadow of his hand. I am like a sharp arrow in his quiver. He said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, and you will bring me glory." I replied, "But my work seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose. Yet I leave it all in the LORD's hand; I will trust God for my reward." Isaiah 49:1-4

For the nation of Israel to be delivered from bondage may have been the reward. For everyone called by God, it is His salvation that is our reward. The Lord speaks to Israel through His prophet Isaiah about the Messiah—Jesus.

He says, "You will do more than restore the people of Israel to me. I will make you a light to the Gentiles, and you will bring my salvation to the ends of the earth." Isaiah 49:6

Promises. God says, “I will.God certainly has provided us with hope—hope for today and hope for our future with Him. We can trust Him to keep His promises. Encourage others with that Good News.


Prayer ~ Lord, I trust You with all of my heart, mind, soul and strength. You are the light of my life…shine through me. Help me to trust others and share Your love and good news with them.

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings16; 2 Chronicles 17  

© 2017 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: