Thursday, June 15, 2017

Can You Feel God’s Unfailing Love?

The LORD is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever. He does not punish us for all our sins; He does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve. For His unfailing love toward those who fear Him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. The LORD is like a father to His children, tender and compassionate to those who fear Him. Psalm 103:8-13

Holy Family Shrine - Nebraska
Visible as God's Love
Sometimes we feel loved…and sometimes we don’t feel loved. Maybe I should rephrase that as “Sometimes I feel loved…and sometimes I don’t feel loved.” Really I think it is just that sometimes I just don’t love myself. I mess up and then put myself down before I get right again with God. Jesus noted that one of the greatest commandments was about loving ourselves…Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:18. This tells me that I must love myself …to love others around me.
Consider the foundation of love. God is the source of all love…He is love.
We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in His love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. 1 John 4:16. 
Doesn't your reverence for God give you confidence? Doesn't your life of integrity give you hope? Job 4:6.
Because I have great respect or reverence for God, I have confidence in Him…and in His love. He gives us examples of love.
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NASB.
David writes in Psalm 103 that God’s love is unfailing. He will never leave us or forsake us…so His love is not only unfailing…it is ever present. What a great reminder that God loves us. There are times I need that reminder. How about you? Do you feel God’s compassion and mercy in His unfailing love?

Prayer ~ Lord, shower Your love on us. May it flow through us to others.
Daily Bible Reading: Psalm 134, 146-150
© 2017 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: