Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Are You Jabbering?

The lips of the wise give good advice; the heart of a fool has none to give. Proverbs 15:7

Be careful with whom you associate. The godly give good advice to their friends; the wicked lead them astray. Proverbs 12:26. Likewise…Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble. Proverbs 13:20. Once again this wisdom shows us that we become like those around us—those with whom we most closely associate. Solomon had more wise advice about friends, associates and speaking.

Don't befriend angry people or associate with hot-tempered people…. Proverbs 22:24

My child, fear the LORD and the king. Don't associate with rebels…. Proverbs 24:2

When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. ... I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don't even eat with such people. 1 Corinthians 5:9, 11.

Too much activity gives you restless dreams; too many words make you a fool. Ecclesiastes 5:3.

Prayer ~ Dear Lord God, guard my mouth that I would not only speak words that would edify You, but that I would give good advice to those around me…wherever I am… using a limited amount of words so that others hear Your message through me, not just hear an endless jabbering of meaningless words.
© 2016 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

No comments: