Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Lord Provides Support

Read Proverbs 4

At my first defense no one appeared in my support; instead they all deserted me - may they not be held accountable for it. But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message would be fully proclaimed for all the Gentiles to hear. And so I was delivered from the lion's mouth! The Lord will deliver me from every evil deed and will bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever! Amen. 2 Timothy 4:16-18

Paul was telling his young pastor friend that he received no support from those whom he expected it during a preliminary hearing before his final trail in Rome. The Lord stood by Paul--providing support and strength as Paul proclaimed the message of the Gospel for the Gentiles to hear. Sounds like Paul knew that he would die relatively soon--and that the Lord would take him safely to heaven. This is something on which all Christians can count. When we serve the Lord--He stands by us. Actually He ALWAYS stands by us--we are always in His presence. As Jesus says in Deuteronomy 31:6 and Hebrews 13:5...I will never leave you or forsake you. Do you ever practice feeling the presence of the Lord? 

Teaching Tip - Do your children know that Jesus--or the Holy Spirit--is always with them? Provide an extra chair and place setting at your dinner table once a week--maybe on the Sabbath. That chair is for Jesus. During the Passover meal there is an extra chair for the Messiah--Jesus is our Messiah so it is appropriate for us to honor Him in our homes. Share the Passover custom with your family--and encourage extra good behavior at the Sabbath table--in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Lord Jesus, thank you for always being with us and giving us strength and support. 

All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.
© 2013 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

No comments: