Sunday, March 11, 2012

March 11– Fear Him

Matthew 10:28

“And so not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.”

It is God, not Satan, who puts body and soul in hell. God gives us free will. Listen up---Respect Him. Respect---that is what “fearing” Him really means. Decide to love Him and follow Him. Psalm 27:1 says, “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread?” Good questions. What are you afraid of---God or Satan? A good verse to memorize and use when afraid is 1 John 4:4, “You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.” Of course John was explaining here about the antichrist who is “in” the world and that if we confess that Jesus is from God (and is God) then we are from God. Simple, but complicated.    

Each person decides for themselves moment by moment what they “want”. We’re all going to have eternal life---some in heaven and some not. We decide where we want to go by deciding whether we want Jesus to be part of our life. Respecting Him. As Joshua said, (Joshua 24:15)” “…as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." And that will mean a place at the great banquet table, with Jesus, not in a place so fiery hot that we will feel like we’re in an oven, roasting eternally.

Lord, You alone are worthy of our respect and love. I choose to follow You, live the way You show me, and love others the way You would.


© 2011 by Mickey M. Hunacek.  All rights reserved.

No comments: