Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 10 – The Spirit Speaks


Matthew 10:16-20 

“Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves. But beware of men, for they will hand you over to the courts and scourge you in their synagogues; and you will even be brought before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them and to the Gentiles. But when they hand you over, do not worry about how or what you are to say; for it will be given you in that hour what you are to say. For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you.”

The Spirit speaks. Spiritual  food. Sometimes when we don’t know what to say the Holy Spirit gives us the proper words to say. When I was asked to give a prayer before taking an offering for a missionary at church one Sunday morning I thought about and planned just what I was going to say---and when it came time---the words I spoke were not what I planned to say---but so much better. It happened again when I prayed with a friend over the phone---and then a couple of days later she called again---to say she was feeling better and that my prayer had been so special to her, giving her a deep calmness and peace. That was the Holy Spirit. Amazing!

Jesus sent His disciples out two by two---not alone. I love that He told them to be shrewd. Don’t be puny and spineless---stand up for what you believe and present it in a way that is convincing. They were brought before governors and kings---and we could be brought before judges or others and need to be willing to give our testimony as the Holy Spirit prompts---speaking spiritual food. Are you standing up for what you believe?

Lord, help us to stand up for what we believe---for You---for Your sake.


© 2011 by Mickey M. Hunacek.  All rights reserved.
 

No comments: