Tuesday, January 9, 2024

By Grace

Prayer – Lord, please be gracious to me…and have compassion on me…as well as on my family, friends and neighbors. Grace…Your unmerited favor. 

(In a discussion between Moses and God…) So the LORD said to Moses, "I will also do this thing that you have spoken; for you have found grace in My sight, and I know you by name." And he said, "Please, show me Your glory." Then He said, "I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion (to anyone I choose)." But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live." Exodus 33:17-20 NKJV (Another translation uses the word “choose” as in the parentheses.)

 

Meditate. Consider God’s choice of mercy and compassion.

 

God said it Himself…just as Moses recorded there in Exodus. God chooses to whom He will be merciful and compassionate. Do we choose? You bet. We choose each day to respond to others mercifully with feeling of the Fruit of the Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control that is an option to us. It is an option to those who love the Lord and allow His love to flow through them.

Walk Upright in God's Grace
Trail to Candy Mountain
Richland, WA

Like Moses I’d like to find grace in God’s sight and say to Him…"Please, show me Your glory." How do we find grace in God’s sight? The key here is to walk uprightly, to be pure, and sincere. That can only be done by God’s grace…by submission and obedience.

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11 NKJV

Choose today how you will respond.

 

Verse of Salvation ~ For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10 NKJV

 

© 2024 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New King James Version (NKJV) unless otherwise noted. 

New King James Version, © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Harper Collins Publisher. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

New Living Translation (NLT) copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: