Monday, May 30, 2022

Which is the Right Path?

Prayer ~ Lord God, in Your mercy, please forgive my sins—my erring attitude. …This is all the more urgent, for you know how late it is; time is running out. Wake up, for my salvation is nearer now than when I first believed. The night is almost gone; the day of salvation will soon be here. So, remove my dark deeds like dirty clothes, and put on the shining armor of right living. Because I belong to the day, I must live a decent life for all to see (from Romans 13:11-13) and give glory to You. Show me the right path to take that I would live to please You.

Which path do we follow?
Walking at Candy Mt. Richland, WA 
Who are those who fear the LORD? He will show them the path they should choose. They will live in prosperity, and their children will inherit the land. The LORD is a friend to those who fear him. He teaches them his covenant. My eyes are always on the LORD, for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies. Turn to me and have mercy, for I am alone and in deep distress. ... May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you. O God, ransom Israel from all its troubles. Psalm 25:12-16, 21-22

 

Meditate.

 

This passage considers “relationship” with the Lord as a friend—and yet He is more than a friend. Sure, a friend loves at all times, but here David is declaring that the Lord rescues him from his enemies. In the Amplified version that I have, verse 14 (Zondervan 1987) reads:

The secret [of the sweet, satisfying companionship] of the Lord have they who fear (revere and worship) Him, and He will show them His covenant and reveal to the its [deep, inner] meaning.

I like that idea of companionship. That relationship goes beyond just being friends. That is the kind of relationship that I want to have with the Lord—my constant companion.


Earlier in this this chapter of Psalms in the Amplified version David pleads with the Lord for pardon, protection and guidance. He acknowledges that his salvation is from God.

To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in You I [have unwavering] trust [and I rely on You with steadfast confidence], Do not let me be ashamed or my hope in You be disappointed; Do not let my enemies triumph over me. Indeed, none of those who [expectantly] wait for You will be ashamed; Those who turn away from what is right and deal treacherously without cause will be ashamed (humiliated, embarrassed). Let me know Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; For You [and only You] I wait [expectantly] all the day long. Remember, O Lord, Your [tender] compassion and Your lovingkindnesses, For they have been from of old. Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions; According to Your lovingkindness remember me, For Your goodness’ sake, O Lord. Good and upright is the Lord; Therefore He instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in justice, And He teaches the humble His way. All the paths of the Lord are lovingkindness and goodness and truth and faithfulness To those who keep His covenant and His testimonies. For Your name’s sake, O Lord, Pardon my wickedness and my guilt, for they are great. Psalm 25:1-8 AMP

David is a good example for us…asking for forgiveness. We cannot deceive God—He know we are sinners. All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God as it is written in Romans 3:23. God cannot be mocked or made fun of. Even as a “friend” we must rely on God’s sovereignty and His mercy for Him to forgive us and show us the right path.

 

Verses of Salvation ~ Show me the right path, O LORD; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ Do not be deceived. God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.  Galatians 6:7 NIV

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®
Used by Permission of Biblica, Inc.® All rights reserved worldwide.

Amplified Bible (AMP) Copyright © 2015 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA 90631. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm and Bible Gateway, www.biblegateway.com

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 


Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character


Who are you "parenting" today?

Is God "parenting" you?



Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories


No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24 NLT

No comments: