Monday, May 9, 2022

Do You Adore God?

Prayer ~ Father, I adore You/I lay my life before You/How I love You. I praise You…and You alone are worthy of my praise. Open my eyes, my heart, and my mind to understand You and Your love even more.

Then David praised the LORD in the presence of the whole assembly: "O LORD, the God of our ancestor Israel, may you be praised forever and ever! Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things.” 1 Chronicles 29:10-11


Meditate. What does the word “adoration” mean to you?

 

My prayer is a song of adoration—of worship and reverence. I love the Lord my God with all of my mind, heart, soul, and strength. It is a heartfelt truth that is deeper than any feelings towards any human beings. I love and adore God—and I know that He loves me. As the memory verse for this week states:

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Isaiah 26:3

As the light of Jesus shines into our lives...
we are not left in the darkness.
Beach at the Oregon Coast

It is comforting and encouraging to know that God will give us not just peace, but perfect peace if we trust in Him. Peace, joy, love, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. These are ours with the Holy Spirit—a blessing from God. How can we not adore and worship a God who is so generous and loving towards us? Even when we are going through dark times…even in the valley of the shadow of death…God is with us. He has promised that He will never leave us or forsake us. That is worthy of adoration. I recently read a comment that noted where there is a shadow, there is light. Jesus is the light of the world, so as His light shines, we are not left in darkness. That darkness maybe from the death of a loved one, or from the death of some relationship, or a defunct opportunity. Despair happens. We cannot escape the stress, turmoil, temptations, or tribulations of life totally, but God provides love, support, care, and sometimes even a way out.

The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Trust in the Lord. Consider how He loves you. Do you adore the Lord?

 

Verse of Salvation ~ Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. Philippians 2:12-13

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! Isaiah 26:3

 

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 


Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character



Are you allowing God to parent you?

Let Him take you by the hand and guide you through His word.

Day by Day 




Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

  Counting your coins today? 

No comments: