Saturday, May 21, 2022

If You Want to Know the Father, Listen to the Son

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus, I am listening. Speak to me through Your word that all that I think, say, and do would bring glory to You and to our Heavenly Father.

Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied." Jesus replied, "Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don't know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking me to show him to you? Don't you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak are not my own, but my Father who lives in me does his work through me. John 14:8-10

 

Meditate. Think about the relationship between the Father and the Son…and your relationship with each of them.

 

My sand castle is just like yours, Dad!
Kids mimic their parents,
Mike & Isaac at the Oregon coast beach.

Kids mimic their parents every day. Listen to kids…and you’ll know just what their parents are telling them! Parents—watch out what you say. Those little kiddos listen and watch closely and they will repeat verbatim your opinions, thoughts, dreams, and even actions.

 Jesus listened closely to His Father…and did and said just what He was told to do. He was the ultimate OBEDIENT child! He even went obediently to the cross so that our sins could be forgiven. Do you think you don’t sin? Read what Paul wrote to the church at Rome…and take it to heart.

For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Romans 3:23

Jesus Himself took our sins to the cross—and paid the price of sin—death with His shed blood. His obedience canceled our debt, for the result of sin is death.

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

 

As He said, Jesus spoke just what His Father told Him to say. Just like children, He said His Father’s words. Now we can say…greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (paraphrase of 1 John 4:4). If you want to know the Father, listen to the Son.

 

Verses of Salvation ~ Let me say first that I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith in him is being talked about all over the world. God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart by spreading the Good News (salvation) about his Son. Romans 1:8-9

 

Memory Verse of the Week ~ If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. James 1:5

Did you successfully memorize this verse? Review-review-review

 

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: