Thursday, June 6, 2019

Remind Me What He Said


This Week’s Memory Verse…
But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you. John 14:26

Remind. How often to you say to someone…Remind me? We just don’t always remember things and Jesus knew that so He promised that the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, would remind us of everything that He taught His disciples…and us. Everything?! Yes, everything.  If we could make a list, it would be a long list, but basically we are to love God and one another. Over and over He told His disciples, those following Him, and even those out to get Him…love God and love each other.
Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another, just as you heard from the beginning. 2 John 1:6
There are so many “reminders” throughout the Bible. This one promise sort of wraps up the length of our days.
LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered--how fleeting my life is. Psalm 39:4

There is a passage written by Peter that gives us another good reminder.
I want you to remember what the holy prophets said long ago and what our Lord and Savior commanded through your apostles. Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. They will say, "What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created." They deliberately forget that God made the heavens by the word of his command, and he brought the earth out from the water and surrounded it with water. Then he used the water to destroy the ancient world with a mighty flood. And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the Day of Judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed. But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment. 2 Peter 3:2-10
Red sky in the night...sailor's delight.
Red sky in the morning...sailor take warning.
Read the signs of the times. Remember the warnings.
Remember…God is being patient for your sake. He wants as many people as possible to repent---turn away from their sinful, evil nature and come to a point in their faith that they believe in Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Is there anyone you know who still doesn’t know the Lord? Pray for them. Time may be drawing near. Look for the signs of the times.

Now where did I put my keys? That is another thing with which the Holy Spirit helps me. Finding things…helping me remember where I put things…and what it was I went to another room to get! God is good…all the time. Now I remember!

Prayer ~ Lord God, I do not want to bring sorrow to the Holy Spirit by the way I live. Remember, You have identified me as Your own, guaranteeing that I will be saved on the day of redemption. From Ephesians 4:30.

Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 10-12  

© 2019 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: