Monday, June 10, 2019

The Good Stuff in Life


This Week’s Memory Verse…
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8

Rose at Duncan Rose Garden
It is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely
and admirable.
This scripture in context…
Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stay true to the Lord. I love you and long to see you, dear friends, for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work. ... Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!  Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me--everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn't have the chance to help me. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty. Philippians 4:1, 4-14
Paul is grateful to the church at Philippi for their support and he was encouraging them to stay true to the Lord by being at peace with others and themselves. They were waiting for the Lord’s return…just as we are today. One final encouragement for them and for us…
Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Keep on focusing on the good stuff. The true, honorable, right, pure, lovely and admirable. I’ve found this a very challenging verse to memorize—but totally worth the effort. Focus on the good stuff.

Additionally, I was looking for the verse about how a man is like the way that he thinks in his heart and I came to these verses below. Good wisdom from Solomon. We could go on studying the Bible forever. Will we actually do that in heaven? For now we can just focus on the words of training, history, and prophesy that God has provided for us.
My child, if your heart is wise, my own heart will rejoice! Everything in me will celebrate when you speak what is right. Don't envy sinners, but always continue to fear the LORD. You will be rewarded for this; your hope will not be disappointed. My child, listen and be wise: Keep your heart on the right course. Proverbs 23:15-19
Be wise. Don’t fall into a foolish attitude. Rejoice, knowing that the Lord gives you strength and you can do everything through Christ. Remember…as I often remind myself…that God has promised that He will never leave us or forsake us. Knowing that…and that I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength, helps me to focus on the good stuff—the true, honorable, right, pure, lovely and admirable. How about you? Can you think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise?

Prayer ~ Dear Lord…You have told me… Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Please continue to inspire me, joyfully. Thank you for Your concern and for all that You have done for me, as well as for my family and friends. You are the good stuff in life.

Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 22-24   

© 2019 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍


Happy Birthday Blessings, Mary Lee!

No comments: