Friday, June 7, 2019

Can You Remember Everything He Said?


This Week’s Memory Verse…
But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you. John 14:26

Everything I have told you.
Jesus told His disciples and followers just what His Father told Him to say. Over and over He tells us this.
Anyone who doesn't love me will not obey me. And remember, my words are not my own. What I am telling you is from the Father who sent me. John 14:24

I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. John 15:15

Like Jesus, Solomon gave us some good advice about following your father’s teachings. This would certainly hold true about God the Father’s wisdom applied to our lives.
My children, listen when your father corrects you. Pay attention and learn good judgment, for I am giving you good guidance. Don't turn away from my instructions. For I, too, was once my father's son, tenderly loved as my mother's only child. My father taught me, "Take my words to heart. Follow my commands, and you will live. Get wisdom; develop good judgment. Don't forget my words or turn away from them. Don't turn your back on wisdom, for she will protect you. Love her, and she will guard you. Getting wisdom is the wisest thing you can do! And whatever else you do, develop good judgment. Proverbs 4:1-7
Listen to Jesus and follow everything He has told us. Let the Holy Spirit remind us of Jesus very words…and how we can apply them to our lives.

Prayer ~ God, thank you for the wisdom that we hear in Jesus teachings. Your wisdom. Help us apply that to our lives—that our thoughts, words, and actions would be pleasing to You…and bring You glory.

Daily Bible Reading: Proverbs 13-15

Friday’s Feast at the King’s Table
As usual every Friday is Feast Day—Feasting at the King’s Table. We can’t live on just spiritual food …nor can we live on bread alone. We’ve got to have some meat, veggies and fruit.

And that meat shouldn’t be a burnt offering. Maybe God likes burnt offerings…but burnt food is not healthy and not enjoyed by most people…including my husband. Watch the temperature. Heating cookware to too high of a heat is not good for the pans. It can release dangerous chemicals from non-stick surfaces and can even warp cast iron pans. Oil in frying pans can also catch fire quickly. Safety first. I blame my “burnt offerings” on my range top. It has a couple of burners that are superhot…even on low. What is your excuse?

Here’s my favorite meat of the summer…or anytime of the year. This is a smoky delight.

Smoked Salmon
One whole salmon 
Brine
            2 Tbsp black peppercorns
            2 Tbsp white peppercorns
            2 Tbsp yellow mustard seeds
            2 Tbsp coriander seeds
            1 cup water + 3 cups ice cold water
            ¼ cup kosher salt
Heat spice seeds in a saucepan on medium heat for a couple of minutes until they are fragrant.
Add one cup of water and the salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir until the salt is dissolved.
Remove from the heat.  Add the mixture to 3 cups of ice cold water.

Seafood Rub
            1 Tbsp coriander seeds
            1 Tbsp yellow mustard seeds
            2 tsp black peppercorns
            2 tsp white peppercorns
            4 Tbsp paprika
            1 tsp each dried thyme and oregano or 2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
            1 tsp red pepper flakes
            1 tsp sugar
            2 tsp kosher salt
Heat the seeds and peppercorns for a couple of minutes on medium heat, until fragrant. Cool and then grind in a spice grinder. Alternatively, you can use half the amount of ground spices for the seeds and peppercorns. Combine the freshly ground spices with the other seasons, sugar and salt. Mix thoroughly and store in an airtight container for up to a year. 

To Smoke the Salmon
In a non-reactive (non-metal) container or large plastic bag, cover a whole salmon with the brine and marinade the fish for 1-2 hours, refrigerated. Remove from the refrigerator, dry off the fish, apply a dry rub to the inside and outside of the fish, and allow it to come to room temperature while your smoker is heating.

Smoke the fish until the internal temperature is 160 degrees Fahrenheit. If the temperature does not come up to 160 degrees, you may put it in the oven at 300 degrees for 30-45 minutes to bring up the temperature.

Serve immediately or allow to chill overnight and enjoy cold with a tossed salad and fresh rolls.

© 2019 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: