Saturday, December 22, 2018

What is Your Purpose?


Advent Lectionary Readings
Psalm 80:1-7
Isaiah 66:7-11
Luke 13:31-35
At that time some Pharisees said to him, "Get away from here if you want to live! Herod Antipas wants to kill you!" Jesus replied, "Go tell that fox that I will keep on casting out demons and healing people today and tomorrow; and the third day I will accomplish my purpose. Yes, today, tomorrow, and the next day I must proceed on my way. For it wouldn't do for a prophet of God to be killed except in Jerusalem! "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God's messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn't let me. And now, look, your house is abandoned. And you will never see me again until you say, 'Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the LORD!'" Luke 13:31-35

Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the Lord! That is Jesus…and missionaries around the world. Jesus said…I will accomplish my purpose. What do you think was or is Jesus’ purpose? When He was dying on the cross He indicated that His work on earth was done. What did He really come to do…and did He do it?
When Jesus had tasted it, he said, "It is finished!" Then he bowed his head and released his spirit. John 19:30 NLT
And he also said, "It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega--the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life. Revelation 21:6

But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don't believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father." John 10:38

Then he added, "Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: 'I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.' For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners." Matthew 9:13
Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

"Look, I will come as unexpectedly as a thief! Blessed are all who are watching for me, who keep their clothing ready so they will not have to walk around naked and ashamed." Revelation 16:15
Jesus came to bring salvation to mankind, to teach, to heal and to show them how to live. He came to bring life—an abundant life.

What is your purpose? Are you accomplishing that?
For me…I want to live to please the Lord—to go to Heaven and to take as many people with me as possible.

Prayer ~ Lord God, what can I do for You today to further You Kingdom? Who do You want me to talk to or to help? How can I be Your hands and feet today?

Daily Bible Reading: Hebrews 7-10

Advent Random Act of Kindness - Make a special treat associated with your heritage, like latke, stollen, strudel or gingerbread, and share it with friends and family. 
Only 3 Days Until Christmas

© 2018 photo and text by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: