Thursday, July 12, 2018

Silence


But Jesus was silent and made no reply. Then the high priest asked him, "Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?" Mark 14:61

Silent Lambs 
Just as described by Isaiah…
He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word. He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. And as a sheep is silent before the shearers, he did not open his mouth. Isaiah 53:7
Jesus kept silent. Could you have done that? I don’t think that I could. I would have been sticking my foot in my mouth and telling them that they were all wrong…maybe that God had a plan…and that unless they changed their ways they would be doomed. Or would I have kept silent? I can only speculate.

What will Jesus say to His accusers? Do you know the rest of the story? Speak now…or forever hold your peace. That is a familiar line that is used in marriage rituals. Let everyone know if you have any objections.  Remember that within the last few hours Jesus had just prayed…
"Abba, Father," he cried out, "everything is possible for you. Please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine." Mark 14:36
God’s will was for Jesus to be…silent… at least for a few minutes. And that is just what He did. He was silent. Next listen closely to what He said…read ahead.

Prayer ~ Lord God, I want to please You. You were silent. Help me to bring You glory by thinking before I speak. Let me be attuned to Your Holy Spirit and be silent when I need to be.

Daily Bible Reading: Amos 6-9

© 2018 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: