Sunday, July 22, 2018

Are You Looking for Jesus?


You are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He isn't here! He is risen from the dead! Mark 16:6

That was the message of the angel at the tomb where Jesus had been buried. He is risen from the dead!

The Cross is Empty...
The Tomb is Empty.
He is Risen...He is Risen, Indeed!
My Savior Lives -- Look for Him.
That is the usual Easter message. He is risen…He is risen, indeed! Can we proclaim, celebrate and rejoice in this message at other times of the year? YES!

Are you looking for Jesus today? If you are the best place to find Him is in the Gospel books of the Bible…although you can find Him or the message about Him—as Creator, Messiah, Savior, Redeemer, God Almighty, Friend, Advocate….in just about every book in the Bible. Search for Him. It is promised…
… you will search again for the LORD your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him. ... For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon you or destroy you or forget the solemn covenant he made with your ancestors. Deuteronomy 4:29, 31 NLT

I love all who love me. Those who search will surely find me. Proverbs 8:1. This verse is about wisdom…but we can ascribe it to searching for Jesus…for He is wisdom. The ultimate wisdom.
Search for Him and you will find Him. I know that I have done just that…search and found Him. He is an awesome God…He is my God, my Savior…my Messiah.

Prayer ~ Jesus—You said…When I am raised to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them. John 14:20-21. Thank You that when I searched for You I found you for You revealed Yourself to me.

© 2018 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: