Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2 – Where is My Respect?

A son honors his father, and a servant his master. Then if I am a father, where is My honor? And if I am a master, where is My respect? says the LORD of hosts to you, O priests who despise My name. But you say, How have we despised Your name? Malachi 1:6  

Honor and respect go hand in hand. Could the Lord say to you, “Where is My respect?” How do you show your respect to the Lord? Do you read His Word daily, pray constantly, follow Jesus’ teachings…put others first, treat others the way you want to be treated…obey the Ten Commandments?

Training Tip – Kids love to sing. Find a song you know or make up a song using scripture to praise the Lord.
And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. (Mark 12:30) 

Lord God, we love you with all our heart, soul, mind and strength. You alone are worthy of our praise. Help us to show our respect for You and others.

All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.
© 2013 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

No comments: