Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3 – Review

Isaiah 43:26 (God speaking) Let us review the situation together, and you can present your case to prove your innocence. NLT

Not many occurrences of “review” in the Bible. Here God is speaking to the Israelites. Isaiah 43 has some wonderful promises for the people of Israel: Isa 43:2, 5-7, 14-19, 25-26 (New Living Translation)

[2] When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. ... [5] "Do not be afraid, for I am with you. I will gather you and your children from east and west. [6] I will say to the north and south, 'Bring my sons and daughters back to Israel from the distant corners of the earth. [7] Bring all who claim me as their God, for I have made them for my glory. It was I who created them.'" ... [14] This is what the LORD says--your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "For your sakes I will send an army against Babylon, forcing the Babylonians to flee in those ships they are so proud of. [15] I am the LORD, your Holy One, Israel's Creator and King. [16] I am the LORD, who opened a way through the waters, making a dry path through the sea. [17] I called forth the mighty army of Egypt with all its chariots and horses. I drew them beneath the waves, and they drowned, their lives snuffed out like a smoldering candlewick. [18] "But forget all that-- it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. [19] For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. ... [25] "I--yes, I alone--will blot out your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again. [26] Let us review the situation together, and you can present your case to prove your innocence.

Review what you have studied—read and recorded. Is there any promise there that God is giving to you? Is there an instruction, or as I have found in Colossians 3, virtues to seek in my own life? As we study God’s Word sometimes things get repeated over and over until we get the message. By reviewing we can see that more clearly.

Lord, show us what it is that You are trying to teach us today as we feast on Your Word.
© 2012 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

No comments: