| Could these be stones that would have been thrown at Jesus? Rocks in a wall in Israel. |
Once again the people picked up stones to kill him. Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?" They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God." Jesus replied, "It is written in your own Scriptures that God said to certain leaders of the people, 'I say, you are gods!' And you know that the Scriptures cannot be altered. So if those people who received God's message were called 'gods,' why do you call it blasphemy when I say, 'I am the Son of God'? After all, the Father set me apart and sent me into the world. Don't believe me unless I carry out my Father's work. But if I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don't believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father." Once again they tried to arrest him, but he got away and left them. John 10:31-39
Meditate.
Read God’s word and see His works.
Which
of the miracles of Jesus most impressed you? Feeding the five thousand, healing
the man blind from birth, healing the lame man whose friends let him down
through the roof, healing the lepers, saving the man with the demons, raising a
little girl from the dead, restoring the widow’s son to life? Or some other amazing
action? He interacted with each of His disciples and countless other people,
like the woman with the bleeding issue, the father and his son who threw
himself into the fire, the Mary who anointed Him with oil, and raising Lazareth
from the dead. Jesus did all His miracles at the request of His Father. Which
do you think offended the Jewish people enough to stone Him? But Jesus escaped.
It wasn’t His time—so Jesus was protected.
What do we learn from this passage of scripture about Jesus that will improve our relationship with Him?
Prayer
– Lord Jesus, You are the great miracle worker, and I am in awe of all the
wonderful things You did. I believe in You, and I certainly would not throw any
stones. How could they want to do that? Couldn’t they see that You are in the
Father…and the Father is in You, guiding and directing You in all that You’ve
done? Together You are wise, merciful, compassionate, and loving. Thank You.
Verse
of Salvation ~ So what makes us think we can escape if we ignore this great
salvation that was first announced by the Lord Jesus himself and then delivered
to us by those who heard him speak? And God confirmed the message by giving
signs and wonders and various miracles and gifts of the Holy Spirit whenever he
chose. Hebrews
2:3-4
Happy
Okinawa Birthday, Lisa-Chan!
© 2026 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All
rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless
otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale
House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream,
Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
No comments:
Post a Comment