Saturday, February 25, 2023

Do You Want Your Thoughts and Plans Known by Another?

Prayer – Lord, I know You know my thoughts, dreams, and wishes. Help me to use those thoughts and plans to bring you glory!

And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 1 Chronicles 28:9

 

Meditate. Read God’s word, listen, and discover His plans and His will.

 

The Lord sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. This passage was King David’s advice to his son, Solomon. Good advice for anyone, but is nothing sacred, special…just your own? Obviously not. God knows our every thought—but He gives us free will in choosing what we think, say, and do.  


Moses spoke to the children of Israel before they went into the Promised Land, encouraging them to obey, love, and follow the Lord. It is the key to their life. How about to ours? Read the verses below and then in the context of the whole chapter in Deuteronomy.

"Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! You can make this choice by loving the LORD your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the LORD, you will live long in the land the LORD swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob." Deuteronomy 30:19-20  

To love someone, even God, you have to KNOW them. God knows you very well—all your deepest thoughts and plans. Those are something you may not have even shared with your family or best friends. But God knows. Do you know Him that well? He reveals Himself in His word. Remember, God is Love.

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

This cross from Portugal is like a key.
Christ bridged the gap between
earth and Heaven when He 
died on the cross.
The love Christ showed on the cross
is our key to life--everlasting salvation.

Loving God and loving others is the key to life.

 

Verse of Salvation ~ But I keep praying to you, LORD, hoping this time you will show me favor. In your unfailing love, O God, answer my prayer with your sure salvation. Psalm 69:13

 

© 2023 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: