Saturday, September 4, 2021

I AM…With You

Meditate. Think about who God is.

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10

When God asked Moses to rescue His chosen people, who were enslaved in Egypt, God declared to Moses who He was…His personal name.

But Moses protested, "If I go to the people of Israel and tell them, 'The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,' they will ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what should I tell them?" God replied to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. Say this to the people of Israel: I AM has sent me to you." God also said to Moses, "Say this to the people of Israel: Yahweh, the God of your ancestors--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you. This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations. Exodus 3:13-15

I AM WHO I AM. Yahweh. He was God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob…and of Moses and the Israelites who were saved from slavery in Egypt. He is our God. God never changes…He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. God tells His chosen people and those who love Him…including us…over and over to not be afraid…have no fear. Encourage others…do not fear.

·        Say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies. He is coming to save you." Isaiah 35:4

·        Some time later, the LORD spoke to Abram in a vision and said to him, "Do not be afraid, Abram, for I will protect you, and your reward will be great." Genesis 15:1

·        This is my command--be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Likewise, God assures us that He is with us. I am with you. One of my favorite verses is found in Deuteronomy and repeated in Hebrews promising that He will never leave alone, abandoned.

·        So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6

·        Don't love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never fail you. I will never abandon you." Hebrews 13:5

God is with me - no fear.
It is so good to know that God is with me…with us…and He has promised to never abandon me…and I don’t need to be afraid. In this day and age that is so comforting, encouraging and destressing! That is de-stressing, not distressing! God takes away fear instead of making us afraid, whereas life around us just tries to create fear and abandonment. Society wants us to “abandon” our normal life, jobs, friends…future. But God says…Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
An eternal life
in the Lake of Fire 
It is Hell.
The great and mighty I AM is right here with each of us. No fear. No discouragement. We are at God’s strong right hand. Secure, strong and successful. God is with us and for us…and will never leave us. Are you on His side, believing in Him and trusting Jesus Christ as your Savior? Now is the time to choose to ask for forgiveness from your sins—for we have all sinned and fallen short of God’s glory. He is a loving and merciful God who will forgive you if you ask for forgiveness. Then you’ll be part of God’s adopted family—and have the security of an eternal life with Him in Heaven. The alternative? It is an eternal life without Him—in the Lake of Fire. The choice is yours. No one else can choose for you…and you cannot earn your way into Heaven with good deeds or money. Choose today where you will spend eternity.

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus Christ, I praise You for You are an awesome God—along with the Heavenly Father and the Holy Spirit. Thank You for the promise that You will never leave me or forsake me. I feel secure and loved—even in the middle of trials and temptations. Discouragement happens—but You are with me and remind me to “breathe” and have no fear.

Verse of Salvation ~ Say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies. He is coming to save you." Isaiah 35:4 (Underlined for emphasis.)

Bible Trivia Answer to the Question: What are the Seven Feasts (also known as Festivals) of Israel?

               Leviticus 23:4-6, 10, 15-16, 24, 27, 34-35

In addition to the Sabbath, these are the LORD's appointed festivals, the official days for holy assembly that are to be celebrated at their proper times each year. The LORD's Passover begins at sundown on the fourteenth day of the first month. On the next day, the fifteenth day of the month, you must begin celebrating the Festival of Unleavened Bread. This festival to the LORD continues for seven days, and during that time the bread you eat must be made without yeast. ... Give the following instructions to the people of Israel. When you enter the land I am giving you and you harvest its first crops (Feast of Firstfruits), bring the priest a bundle of grain from the first cutting of your grain harvest. ... "From the day after the Sabbath--the day you bring the bundle of grain to be lifted up as a special offering--count off seven full weeks. Keep counting until the day after the seventh Sabbath, fifty days later. (Pentecost.) Then present an offering of new grain to the LORD. Give the following instructions to the people of Israel. On the first day of the appointed month in early autumn, you are to observe a day of complete rest. It will be an official day for holy assembly, a day commemorated with loud blasts of a trumpet. (Feast of Trumpets) ... Be careful to celebrate the Day of Atonement on the tenth day of that same month--nine days after the Festival of Trumpets. You must observe it as an official day for holy assembly, a day to deny yourselves and present special gifts to the LORD. ... "Give the following instructions to the people of Israel. Begin celebrating the Festival of Shelters (also known as the Festival of Booths or Tabernacles) on the fifteenth day of the appointed month--five days after the Day of Atonement. This festival to the LORD will last for seven days. On the first day of the festival you must proclaim an official day for holy assembly, when you do no ordinary work. Leviticus 23:4-6, 10, 15-16, 24, 27, 34-35 (Underlined to specify feasts.)

Bible Trivia Question for next week: What are the levels of Heaven?


© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: