Thursday, April 30, 2020

This is Better Than a Great Discount Coupon…While There is Time


Meditate on the time you have...seek the Lord...or not.
Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously. "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."  Isaiah 55:6-9


No one knows the hour or the day.
Seek the Lord while there is time.
Have you ever looked for something…and then it was too late? Like looking for a fantastic discount coupon, only to find that it had expired. Ugh. Well that is nothing compared to how you’ll feel if you ignore the unknown expiration date of the invitation to know Jesus. This offer is guaranteed to be better than any discount coupon you’ve ever had…or will ever have. Look, search deeply within the Scriptures and within your own heart. Do you have room for Jesus in your heart? Are you calling on Him?
The LORD is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on him in truth. Psalm 145:18

But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? Romans 10:14
Jesus told us Himself…
Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me."  John 14:6
"Put your trust in the light while there is still time; then you will become children of the light." John 12:36
Repent—turn your life around—trust Jesus to be Lord of your life…while there is time.

Jesus has made a difference in my life…I was a sharp tongued teenager when I accepted Him as my Savior. A few months later I went to visit my older sister. She asked me what had changed my life…I thought she meant my new haircut, but that wasn’t it. I wasn’t the bitter, sarcastic, critical person I was before. I had changed…and Jesus is still working on me. I do tend to be a bit critical—but I can see things the way God sees them and overlook a lot. Forgiveness is good and that goes beyond just overlooking unmet expectations or faults. Jesus also taught that we have to forgive other to be forgiven. Can you forgive others…beginning maybe with yourself?
If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins. Matthew 6:14-15
God forgives generously…while there is time. This may seem like heavy stuff—but as you seek God you are doing yourself a favor and you’ll find the best discount coupon ever. A free gift just waiting for you. God loves you and has given you the best gift ever. His Son. Given for your life…for your sin. A truly free gift.

If you have questions…send me a comment. I’ll try to help you understand what God is saying in a particular passage or direct you to another resource that can help you. There are lots of free on-line commentaries that help explain the Scriptures. Pray about finding God…while there is still time. We don’t know the hour or the day…just that we are told to “be ready.”

Prayer ~ Lord God, Show me if I have any unconfessed sin in my life that would keep me from You. I am searching for You daily…seeking to know You more closely.
I come boldly to your throne, my gracious God. There I will receive Your mercy, and I will find grace to help when I need it most. From Hebrews 4:16. Help my friends and family find You in a mighty way as they seek You…while there is time.

Last day of April. If you don’t know Jesus as your Savior, seek Him while there is still time. Consider the ABC’s of salvation.

A – Acknowledge or Admit that you are a sinner.
                        No one is righteous—not even one. Romans 3:10
                        For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Romans 3:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
            B – Believe in your heart that Jesus is the Son of God
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. Romans 10:9-10
C – Call on the Name of the Lord
            Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved. Romans 10:13
Don’t wait…make your decision to believe in Jesus…in God… today. Life is short…we don’t know when our time will be up…or when the Lord will return for His church.


© 2020 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. đź‘Ť

No comments: