Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2 - Little Children

Matthew 19:13–14 

Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
 “Jesus loved the little children” – Sing it!

One of my earliest memories is of going to Sunday School and singing Jesus Loves Me. We colored, or rather scribbled, pictures of Jesus and watched the teacher move the flannel graph pictures around as she told stories about Jesus and his parables. What does a four or five year old know about Jesus? Probably more than we realize. My early church years gave me a good background into His character and I learned more facts about Jesus over the years, but I didn’t really feel like I belonged to Him was until I was in college.  

He laid his hands on them. Imagine His big hand on your head right now. Jesus loved the little children and big children. We are so blessed to be adopted children of God (He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself…Ephesians 1:5). Look closely at what Jesus says in this passage of Matthew…”for such is the kingdom of heaven.”  Come to Jesus as a child—believing in Him and loving Him unconditionally. Heaven bound for a bountiful banquet with our King.

Lord, thank you for adopting me into your family and loving me even when I don’t deserve your love.

© 2012 by Mickey M. Hunacek.  All rights reserved.

No comments: