Thursday, December 2, 2021

No Fear

Meditate. Breath. Relax. Feel the Lord’s presence.

Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:8

Does this verse give you hope? The actual word “hope” is not there…but if there is no fear or discouragement and a promise that you are never alone, there is “hope”!

Do not be afraid or discouraged. Have courage—find the strength to not be afraid. Satan is the initiator of fear and discouragement. Don’t let him have a stronghold in your life. Let Jesus do as He said in the focus verse today. The Lord, Jesus, will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you. For me that is a great assurance. I know that I will never have to go out into the darkness…alone. After all, Jesus is the light of the world.

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life." John 8:12

Lighthouse at Mulkilteo, WA
Let the light of Jesus shine in and through you.

What are you afraid of? Does knowing that Jesus is with you take away…or lessen that fear? You have a choice…choose to take a deep breath and let Jesus shine the light…take away the darkness and fear. 

Prayer ~ Jesus, You are the light of the world. Shine in and through me.

Verse of Salvation ~ The LORD is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? Psalm 27:1


© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: