Monday, October 7, 2019

No Greater Love


Meditate or Memorize?
This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. This is my command: Love each other. John 15:12-17

Small brass cross from Korea.
Jesus laid down His life for His friends.
Jesus spoke about friends and friendship often. He considered the disciples His friends…as well as His followers. He commanded them to love each other…like He loved them. He loved them with His life. He loves us in the same way. He gave His life for us. There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. He chose them and He has chosen each of us and taught us what the Father wanted us to know; what He commanded.  Love. Love each other. That is what life is all about. Love.

Produce lasting fruit. That fruit is listed in Paul’s letter to the Galatians. …the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Galatians 5:22-23. I see again that one of the qualities of the fruit of the Spirit is love. That is the same love that Jesus was talking about… no greater love. God’s love. It is lasting fruit. Forever. Everlasting. Eternal.

How do you show that fruit…that love? Love for each other?

Prayer ~ Jesus, Thank You. You are the greatest friend to everyone…and my friend. I praise You. Help me—as well as my family, friends, and neighbors to love each other…as You would love each of us.  

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 8; Mark 2

© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blueletterbible.org/.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: