Saturday, October 20, 2018

Friendship in Your Home


Job continued speaking: "I long for the years gone by when God took care of me, when he lit up the way before me and I walked safely through the darkness. When I was in my prime, God's friendship was felt in my home." Job 29:1-4

Roosevelt's Home in New York
When I was in my prime…. Job’s words describing his early days…his younger years. Now he is older and struck down with devastation, loss, and hardships. He was definitely a blessed man—one who God had generously given abundant wealth with a healthy family, a productive farm, admiration of the people in his community where he helped the poor, lame and blind, and he had the council of the almighty God. God’s friendship. He had it all…and may have been a bit self-righteous. Now he’s lost it all…including the respect of those he had helped and his friends. Did he loose his friendship with God? God certainly allowed all this calamity to happen to Job. God allowed Satan to attack Job…all but his life (Job 2:6).

Do you feel like you have God’s friendship in your home? The notes in my Ryrie Study Bible say that the council of God guided Job’s home. Job realized that his fellowship with God was the center of his home. Fellowship with God. This passage in one of David’s Psalms depicts Job’s early life. Continue reading that Psalm…and you’ll see the affliction of David…and Job.
Who are those who fear the LORD? He will show them the path they should choose. They will live in prosperity, and their children will inherit the land. The LORD is a friend to those who fear him. He teaches them his covenant. My eyes are always on the LORD, for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies. Psalm 25:12-15
How can we have God’s friendship in our homes? Inviting Him into your heart…and your home is the first step. Is He welcome there?

Prayer ~ Show me the right path, O LORD; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Remember, O LORD, your compassion and unfailing love, which you have shown from long ages past. Psalm 25:4-6

Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 16; Mark 8

© 2018 photo and text by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: