Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Are You Part of God’s Family?


Then Jesus' mother and brothers came to see him. They stood outside and sent word for him to come out and talk with them. There was a crowd sitting around Jesus, and someone said, "Your mother and your brothers are outside asking for you." Jesus replied, "Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?" Then he looked at those around him and said, "Look, these are my mother and brothers. Anyone who does God's will is my brother and sister and mother." Mark 3:31-35

Wildflower - Balsam
Badger Mountain - Washington
Not a weed...but a wildflower. I'll adopted it. 
I have often heard the question…Did Jesus’ mother Mary have other children? It is very clear in this portion of scripture and in Matthew 13:55 that Jesus had natural brothers and sisters,
He returned to Nazareth, his hometown. When he taught there in the synagogue, everyone was amazed and said, "Where does he get this wisdom and the power to do miracles?" Then they scoffed, "He's just the carpenter's son, and we know Mary, his mother, and his brothers--James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas. All his sisters live right here among us. Where did he learn all these things?" Matthew 13:54-56
The books of Jude and James were written by two of those half-brothers. This scripture in Mark indicates that Jesus felt a kinship with the believers…and that is confirmed by Paul in Romans where our adoption is described. To be adopted by God is truly the most wonderful part of life for me. Knowing that I am accepted and appreciated for who I am…and I don’t have to work for acceptance or love. No matter what…God loves me and Jesus is my brother. Awesome. I am a part of God’s family.
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father." For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God's children. And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God's glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering. Romans 8:14-17
Are you a part of God’s family? Seek to know God…and call Him, Abba, Father.

Prayer ~ Abba, Father, You sent the Spirit of Your Son into my heart, so that I am no longer a slave to sin but Your own child. And since I am Your child, You have made me Your heir, adopting me as on of  Your very own children. Galatians 4:4-7. Thank You.

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 43-45, 49, 84-85, 87

© 2018 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: